Incorporated in Kenya in 1995, Techpak Industries Limited was the first company in East and Central Africa to manufacture a wide range of convenience hygiene, party and packaging products. Since then it has grown to be the market leader in Kenya and the region.
Techpak has consistently invested in modern technology and human capital to cement its position as the supplier of choice to the food, drink packaging, horticulture and floriculture industries as well as the food service and retail sectors.
Techpak employs over 350 people. Its operations are spread over 100,000 square feet of factory space, which is equipped with modern machinery for producing a wide range of products. In addition the factory has an innovation department and an in-house tool room manned by experienced mould makers.
A state-of-the-art printing department supplies a wide range of printed cups, glasses and containers.
Having achieved and maintained a leadership position in the East and Central African region, our plan for the future is to take our products to many more countries across the globe.
Our Vision: to be the trendsetter in innovative packaging and party products.
Our Mission: dedicated to delivering quality products effectively and rapidly.
The market leader in Kenya, Techpak also exports to a large number of countries in Africa, Europe and the Asian Subcontinent. Our products are used by some of the largest retail conglomerates in the world.
Below are some of the companies that we supply with branded products for corporate promotions and events.
- Alpine Coolers
- Brookside Dairy
- Burger King
- East African Breweries
- Eldoville Farm
- Finlays Tea
- Nairobi Java House
- SAB Miller
- Sasini Tea
- The Aga Khan University Hospital
At Techpak we recognise the importance of environmental protection and comply with all relevant environmental regulations and approved codes of practice. Our policy is to take all reasonably practicable measures to enable the company to excel, wherever possible. We aim to:
- Assess the environmental effects of all Company's activities, including packaging, storage and distribution of the products that we supply.
- Reduce the amount of waste produced.
- Minimise consumption of raw materials, water, utilities and fuel.
- Limit production of pollutants to water, land and air.
- Limit the noise produced within and around the site as a result of the Company's activities.
- Minimise the risk of harm to employees and members of the public from processes and activities associated with the Company's work.
We will provide information and assistance to customers on environmental issues arising from our products and services, and will encourage employees, suppliers, sub-contractors and customers to be environmentally aware.
Techpak is committed the following:
- Successfully meeting customers' requirements by complying with The Quality and Hygiene Management System of the organisation in accordance with the BRC/IOP 2001 Packaging Standards.
- Being consistent and effective in the management of quality.
- Devising sustainable systems through effective decisions based on critical analysis of data and by working closely with customers and suppliers for mutual benefit.
- Building a customer focused organisation by analysing quality objectives to guarantee total customer satisfaction.
- Manufacturing of quality packaging and disposable plastic containers that meet international standards.
Techpak is keenly aware of the strict hygiene requirements of the food industry, as stipulated in the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Standard. Our processes are in compliance with safety requirements of our customers and authorities and we regularly consult with our clients to upgrade existing standards.
Priority is given to hygiene, especially in identification, evaluation and control of hazards related to food safety. All relevant hazards are controlled in such a manner that the equipment and products of the company do not harm the user or consumer. Also the company has put in place measures to ensure that products manufactured while a Critical Control Point (CCP) deviated from the critical limits are prevented from unintended use. The company also strives to achieve hygiene awareness among its employees. Training is offered to employees on need for ensuring food safety of our clients / customers and that it's fulfilled. Hence the company goal is optimum consumer safety for all our products.
Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of Techpak to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees at work and of persons not in its employment who may be visiting temporarily in its grounds or establishments or any premises which are (either temporarily or permanently) in use by Techpak staff for purpose of their business activities.
The company has a detailed health and safety policy which is strictly adhered to, and reviewed regularly.